Saturday 5 February 2022

“In seeing the old pink house”

"In seeing the old pink house"


In seeing the old pink house 
Maybe I was wrong to disregard 
Maybe I should visited more often
And savor again the memories
When my grandparents wanted to see me
Of listening to the piano
Of enjoying the hot tinola or lomo
Of hearing stories from old folks
To that of short wave radio 

Now that grandma is gone
It is worth compelling to visit
Maybe at first I can’t 
Due to the stress I endure, encounter
But here I am
Along with those grandma left
Enjoying each other’s company
Exchanging pleasantries
For me to see and hear
The story grandma wished to say to me
Savouring the same food
The way she made the last time I saw her

When I visit again next time
I shall bring flowers for the altar
The way grandpa did when he’s living
Be it jasmine, orchids, or whatsoever
To you grandpa, grandma
Your love continues to rekindle
Enough to stave the stress and sadness
That I ever much encounter